I want to share this small, simple One-Time Secret (OTS) service, which is a PHP application that allows you to store and share sensitive information for a limited duration. is very simple to self-host by yourself, so you have full control of the data stored.
How It Works
Running the Service
If you want to use the pre-built Docker Image, just run:
docker pull roura/simple-ots
Then, to start the service:
docker run -p 80:80 -e AUTH_IPS=220.127.116.11 roura/simple-ots
In the above example, the service will open the creation of secrets to the IP
18.104.22.168, you can set the authorised IPs
as a comma-separated list. Otherwise, if you don’t set this environment variable, both writing and reading secrets will
be open to the public (
0.0.0.0/0). Please note, reading secrets will always be accesible by anyone.
Creating and Sharing Secrets
- Access the OTS Service: Visit http://localhost.
- Create a Secret: Enter your secret and set the expiration time (1 Hour, 1 Day, or 1 Week).
- Generate Secret Link: Click “Create Secret” to generate a unique link.
- Share the Link: Copy the link and share it with your intended recipient.
- Accessing the Secret: The recipient can open the link to view the secret, which is automatically deleted from the server when it gets opened.
Contribute on GitHub
I believe in Open Source, even for tiny projects like this. That’s why I’ve open-sourced it on GitHub. You can find the repo here.