An aussie favorite! A sausage sizzle, also called “Aussie taco” by foodies and connoisseurs, is a popular meal offered at most of the Bunnings Warehouse stores in Australia, where sausages are grilled and served on slices of bread with onions and sauce. You go for a screwdriver, you come back with a sausage sizzle and a screwdriver. A kanga banga sanga, or “Kanga sizzle”, in my opinion, is the evolution of that. In australian, this means “Kangaroo Sausage Sandwich” and here is a recipe for a classic kanga banga sanga:
- Kangaroo sausages (kanga bangas)
- Sandwich slices (sangas)
- Brown onion (Tony Abbott loves this)
- Tomato/barbecue sauce
- Preheat the grill to medium-high heat.
- Slice the onions and grill them (I don’t recommend eating them raw with skin).
- Grill the sausages, turning occasionally, until they are cooked.
- While the sausages get cooked, slightly warm the sandwich slices on the grill.
- When the sausages are cooked, place them on the slices.
- Add some onion on top of them.
- Squeeze tomato/barbecue sauce over the thing.
- Serve and enjoy!
Important note: You may also want to consider adding other toppings or condiments such as mustard, ketchup, or mayonnaise.